Warmest Winter Challenge powered by Dodentocht
Keeping exercise during the coming winter period.
Our 100Km Covid Challenge last summer was a great success, especially when it comes to sports. It was good to see that we mobilized so many people.
Keeping moving, cycling or walking will also remain crucial during the coming winter period.
As Dodentocht vzw, we want to contribute again and are therefore launching the ‘Warmest Winter Challenge’. We want to guide everyone through the dark days and months.
We keep a little physical distance but don’t let anyone go. We therefore challenge you to our ‘Warmest Winter Challenge’.
Warmest Winter Challenge
During the ‘Warmest Winter Challenge’, you choose your own distance, with a minimum of 100 kilometers.
How many kilometers do you see feasible for walking during three months, namely between January 1 and March 31, 2021?
Just like our previous edition, participating in the Winter Challenge costs 10 euros. This time the proceeds of this challenge will go to vzw 100Km Dodentocht kadee. We also need this extra income to keep afloat and hopefully be back in 2021.
But we don’t want to forget the many charities either. You can make a contribution to one of the charities in the list when you register, or even afterwards. Or do you want to nominate a good cause? Then submit an online application for eligibility and certainly encourage others to walk for your good cause.
How can you participate?
- You can register from now until March 30, 2021 via the Chronorace web page.
The challenge starts on January 1, 2021 and ends on March 31, 2021.
- The registration price is € 10.
- Determine your personal goal. So how many kilometers will you walk together in 3 months, with a minimum of 100 kilometers.
- Install the free Strava-application on your mobile phone via Play Store” voor Android or“ App Store” voor Iphone. Those who are already familiar with Strava can of course use their connected watch (Garmin, Polar, etc.), which automatically sends the information directly to their Strava account.
- After receipt of payment, you will receive a confirmation email with a link to link your registration with your Strava account. Click on this link to confirm admission.
- Every time you walk or jog, open the Strava app and select the “register” tab at the bottom of the screen. Press the orange start button. At the end of your walking or running tour, click on “end” and “registration”. Your kilometers are automatically added up.
- Walk or run 100, 200 or 300 kilometers for three months to reach your personal goal and receive the virtual medal
Walk for your good cause
Through the application for the registration of the Warmest Winter Challenge we offer the possibility to apply online to qualify as a charity
After approval by the non-profit organization Dodentocht, the charity is entered in a list from which the participants can choose and deposit an extra amount. Warm up as many friends and sympathizers as possible to take on this sporting challenge for your good cause.
Dodentocht ensures that after the challenge ends, the funds end up with the right charities and people.
And even afterwards, you can still make a deposit for your charity and this via the registration program of Chronorace.
Winter Challenge ranking
We reward each participant with a virtual medal. Feel free to share it on your social networks.
For once, we keep an alphabetical ranking with the total distance covered, which we distribute widely.